Total 22 from Tripura went to Tablighi Jamaat Nizamuddin gathering and 15 were identified, quarantined. Nizamuddin has become a hot spot of Covid19 outbreak.
Enewstime Desk
Agartala, March 31, 2020: Worry and panic among people of Tripura were palpable as reports Tablighi Jamaat’s congregation at Nizamuddin in Delhi spread – as expected some Muslim people from the State also took part in – now highly criticized – Tablighi Jamaat gatherings.
From Tripura, total 22 persons attended the Tablighi Jamaat’s Nizamuddin gatherings in Delhi. Unrestrained large gatherings by Tablighi Jamaat in which foreign Islamic preachers also attended have turned Nizamuddin a hot spot of Covid19 outbreak.
22 from Tripura went to Nizamuddin
However, Tripura Health Secretary Debashish Basu said today, “A list of 22 people has been forwarded to Tripura police from Delhi who had been in Nizamuddin. Of them 15 had been identified and were already quarantined. The quarantined persons had shown no symptoms yet. Remaining seven persons are yet to be traced”.
Earlier today, Inspector General of Police GS Rao had also confirmed that there were people who had participated in the religious congregation from Tripura. “A report from Delhi reached us and we have shared the inputs with the health department”, Rao said. “We are taking all the measures to trace them and take adequate measures”, he said.
Not only that, he said, but some measures are also being taken locally to trace those who have a travel history to Delhi or surrounding the area at that particular stretch of time. Apart from Health department, police central intelligence agencies were also asked to trace the remaining seven who had participated in the Tabligh congregation in Delhi.

Covid19 Status in Tripura
In the meantime, Education minister Ratanlal Nath has on Tuesday confirmed that there was no positive case of COVID19 in Tripura so far.
“As many as 6761 persons are under Surveillance now. Among them, 67 persons including 36 international travelers are under Quarantine in various facility centres and as many as 6694 persons including 249 international travelers are under Home Quarantine,” Nath told the Media.
He also confirmed that total 110 samples were tested till today and all the reports were found negative and altogether 1183 persons had completed the observation period so far.