Mumbai-based entrepreneur Suraj Nambiar has publicly addressed speculation surrounding his separation from actress Mouni Roy. On May 18, he denied rumours of alimony disputes, third-party involvement, and public conflict, while urging media outlets and social media users to respect their privacy and stop spreading unverified claims.
Quick Glance
- Suraj Nambiar denied claims of alimony, legal disputes, and affairs linked to the separation.
- Mouni Roy and Suraj confirmed they parted ways mutually and respectfully.
- The rumours intensified after the couple unfollowed each other on Instagram.
- Suraj criticized sections of the media for publishing unverified and “malicious” reports.
Suraj Nambiar Rejects Rumours Around Separation
Mumbai/Agartala: Mumbai witnessed another wave of celebrity speculation after reports about the separation of Mouni Roy and Suraj Nambiar surfaced online. However, Suraj has now issued a detailed clarification to counter what he described as “false” and “malicious” narratives.
The entrepreneur addressed the issue through a social media statement. He firmly denied reports suggesting financial disagreements, alimony demands, or the involvement of a third person in their separation.
According to Suraj, the decision to part ways was mutual and respectful. He stated that both individuals considered each other’s wellbeing before making the decision.
Social Media Speculation Triggered Rumours
Rumours surrounding the couple’s relationship gained momentum after fans noticed that both had unfollowed each other on Instagram. Soon after, social media platforms became flooded with assumptions and unverified reports.
Several entertainment portals and gossip pages began publishing stories claiming disputes and hidden tensions between the two. However, neither Suraj nor Mouni initially responded publicly.
A few days later, the couple issued a joint statement confirming their separation while requesting privacy and dignity during the difficult period.
Suraj Calls Reports ‘Baseless and Malicious’
In his latest statement, Suraj strongly criticized the spread of misinformation. He said many reports lacked verification and were unfair to both families.
He stressed that there was “no alimony, no dispute, and no third party involved” in the separation. He also rejected rumours dragging innocent friends and associates into the controversy.
Suraj further stated that many fabricated stories appeared designed to damage reputations rather than report facts responsibly.
The businessman added that staying silent in the face of misinformation was no longer acceptable. Therefore, he chose to directly address the issue publicly.
Couple Requests Privacy During Difficult Phase
Suraj reiterated that both he and Mouni Roy had conducted themselves with dignity throughout the separation. He urged the media and social media users to show similar respect.
The couple’s earlier joint statement had already appealed for privacy and understanding. Suraj noted that the statement clearly reflected their position and required no further speculation.
He also requested people to allow both individuals to move forward peacefully without unnecessary public interference.
Mouni Roy Avoids Media Attention
On Monday morning, Mouni Roy was spotted at the Mumbai airport. The actress avoided photographers and refrained from interacting with reporters.
Eyewitnesses said she quickly entered the terminal without responding to questions linked to the separation rumours.
Her appearance came shortly after Suraj’s public clarification, which has now shifted attention toward responsible reporting and celebrity privacy in the digital age.
Celebrity Relationships Under Constant Public Scrutiny
The incident once again highlights how celebrity relationships often become subjects of intense online discussion. Social media activity, including following and unfollowing patterns, frequently fuels speculation before official confirmation emerges.

Entertainment analysts say such rumours spread rapidly due to viral social media culture and unverified entertainment reporting. However, public figures increasingly choose to respond directly to misinformation through official statements.
In this case, both Mouni Roy and Suraj Nambiar have maintained a restrained and respectful tone despite mounting public attention.
Key Developments at a Glance
| Development | Details |
|---|---|
| Separation Confirmation | Couple issued a joint statement |
| Alimony Claims | Suraj denied any financial dispute |
| Third-Party Rumours | Completely rejected |
| Media Criticism | Suraj accused some outlets of misinformation |
| Public Appearance | Mouni spotted avoiding paparazzi at Mumbai airport |
(Edited)
