A 90-year-old man of Jaipur managed to defeat COVID-19. But a CRPF SI who had tested positive for coronavirus, passed away at Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi
Jaipur, April 28, 2020 (IANS) A 90-year-old man has managed to defeat COVID-19 as he was discharged from SMS Hospital here on Tuesday after his two reports came out negative, health officials said.
Bhavani Shankar Sharma, 90, was presented with flowers by doctors expressing their happiness on his discharge.
Additional Chief Secretary Rohit Kumar Singh said, “Sharma was a resident of Dhuleshwar Garden, Jaipur, who was admitted in IDH (infectious Disease Hospital) on April 14 after COVID positive report.”
“He is a known case of hypertension coronary artery disease and chronic kidney disease. On April 25, we got first negative report and on April 27, we got his second report negative too. On Tuesday, we have discharged Bhawani Shankar Sharma for home quarantine.”
He was suffering from pneumonia when admitted however his condition started improving from April 20. Thereafter, he was tested twice and his report came out negative, said health officials.
“If you have patience and a fighting spirit, you can beat this disease. Follow the instructions of doctors, trust them and take your medicines on time as they say,” said Sharma while leaving hospital after his recovery.
CRPF SI loses battle against Covid19 in Delhi
New Delhi, April 28, 2020 (IANS) A 55-year-old Sub-Inspector with the CRPF, who had tested positive for coronavirus, passed away at the Safdarjung Hospital here on Tuesday.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah mourned the death of the CRPF Sub-Inspector, calling it an “irreparable loss”.
Posted with the 31st Battalion in Noida, the SI succumbed to the dreaded virus due to “breathlessness” during the treatment at around 4 p.m., an official of the CRPF said.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) SI, a resident of Barpeta in Assam, got the infection from a nursing assistant of the force who had tested positive earlier this month.
The SI was reported Covid-19 positive on April 24 and was admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital.
A total of 30 other CRPF personnel, who came in contact with the nursing assistant, are under quarantine at the Delhi government’s facility in Mandoli.

The information came at a time when the deadly virus has already snuffed out 54 lives in the national capital, besides infecting over 3,000 people.
Expressing condolence, Home Minister Shah tweeted: “I am deeply saddened to learn about the death of the brave Sub-Inspector of CRPF who was fighting the coronavirus infection. He fought heroically with the disease until the end. His contribution to the service and internal security of the country inspires all of us.”
Shah said that he had spoken to the family members of the SI over phone on Sunday.
“Losing a brave soldier of the country is an irreparable loss for all of us. I express my condolences to his family. The entire country and the Central government are standing with his family in this hour of grief,” the Home Minister said.
CRPF Director General Anand Prakash Maheshwari in a tweet said that the SI fought valiantly but succumbed to the viral infection.
“The CRPF SI contracted the viral infection on the line of duty. He faced it valiantly but succumbed. We stand shoulder with the family in this hour of grief and reiterate our commitment to the people,” Maheshwari said.