Live wire falls on house in Tripura, 1 dead, several injured, probe committee formed

Agartala, Aug 05, 2022, ENEWSTIME Desk

One person died and several others were injured after a high voltage power transmission wire snapped and fell on a household at Pal Para under Bishramganj in Tripura on Friday (Aug 5) afternoon.


Irked at the incident, local people blocked the Bishramganj-Agartala road in protest and held the negligence of the Power department responsible for the incident.


Meantime, Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL) in a press statement said that a committee would be formed by Saturday to probe the incident.


Appropriate action would be taken against those responsible for the incident within next seven days and financial assistance would be extended to the affected family, the press release said.


enewstime-Live-wire-falls-house-electrocuted-TripuraDeputy Chief Minister who also holds the Power department portfolio, Jishnu Dev Varma also said that the TSECL would form a committee to investigate the incident and actions would be taken against the people responsible for such a mishap within seven days. He also said TSECL will provide financial assistance to the bereaved family. Dev Varma assured that TSECL will take step to prevent reoccurrence of such unfortunate incident.


The tragic incident took place when the live wire fell down on the house of Subhash Pal  – at least nine persons including the house owner, Subhash Pal, were electrocuted.


After the injured persons were taken to Bishramganj PHC, in-charge doctor announced Subhash Pal, the owner of the house, dead while eight others are under treatment.


Panic and tension ran high among the locals who resorted to road blockade to protest against alleged negligence of the Power department. Large posse of Police-TSR personnel led by SDPO of Bishalgarh Rahul Das, DM of Sepahijala District Vishwasree B, Sepahijala Zila Sabhadhipati Supriya Das Datta and BJP Sepahijala district president Gouranga Bhowmik rushed to the blockade spot and held talks with the aggrieved villagers. After a marathon three hours, villagers lifted the road blockade.


The SDM Bishalgarh rushed to the primary health center and spoke to the families of the deceased and the injured persons. Two among the injured persons were referred to GB hospital in a critical condition.